The iData Quality Academy is on a mission to train individuals on data quality. We've designed the Getting Started with Data Quality Course to help you build, grow and scale your data career.
In this course, we cover the following topics:
- Importance of data quality - Jordan Morrow defines the importance of data quality and discusses how it relates to data literacy
- Data profiling - George Firican provides insights into data profiling and introduces commonly used techniques (column, table, cross table profiling). Stuart Reyner provides an iData demo of data profiling
- Data preparation - Kevin Jackson & Stuart Reyner introduce data preparation including a discussion of data reformatting, cleansing, and deduplication
- Data transformation and assurance - T. Scott Clendaniel discusses the impact of extract, transform, load (ETL) on data quality
- Data quality impact on AI and Machine Learning - Susan Walsh provides consequences of poor data quality on AI and Machine Learning
- Data obfuscation - Kate Strachnyi provides an overview of data obfuscation techniques, benefits, and challenges. Stuart Reyner shows an iData demo of data obfuscation
- The cost of poor data quality - George Firican highlights the potential costs associated with poor data quality, provides examples, and discusses calculating the cost of bad data quality
- Relationship between data quality & data visualization - Kate Strachnyi introduces a method of using data visualization to uncover poor data quality
- Selling data quality to your business - Scott Taylor - the Data Whisperer teaches you how to build the business case for data quality by using the 5 pillars of master data and aligning with the business strategy to demonstrate value.
In addition to expanding your knowledge of various aspects of data quality, you will also receive a certificate of completion that demonstrates your commitment.
Getting Started with Data Quality Course Instructors
Our course is led and created by some of the world’s most influential and qualified data advocates. A blend of award-winning accomplished authors, speakers and accredited industry leaders in data quality, data science and analytics.
Now includes FREE ACCESS to the 'Advancing Your Data Career' course!
This course is brand new and especially relevant to the current global market situation. It includes a lot of 'real talk' about how to ask for help/ mentors, taking risks, making money, college degrees, and more!
T. Scott Clendaniel
- Introduction to Kevin (0:29)
- Introduction to data preparation (2:08)
- Data preparation context (1:09)
- Reformatting (3:50)
- Reformatting with iData (5:40)
- Reformatting continued (1:25)
- Data cleansing (5:25)
- Cleansing with iData (3:36)
- Data cleansing continued (1:28)
- Cleansing names and addresses with iData (4:53)
- Data cleansing - standardizing values (1:25)
- Data cleansing wrap up (0:32)
- Introduction to data deduplication (1:19)
- Identify duplicate data (2:18)
- Data deduplication with iData (2:29)
- Data deduplication wrap up (1:39)
- Conclusion (1:45)
- Thank you (0:30)
- Introduction (2:02)
- What the business cares about & truth before meaning (3:18)
- The golden rule of data (1:04)
- The 5 pillars of master data (3:28)
- Data quality is macro-trend agnostic (1:09)
- Align data quality with the business strategy (0:28)
- If I had one minute with your CEO (0:58)
- Ways to talk about data in business terms (3:21)
- Conclusion (1:49)
Why sign up for our data quality training?
Even if your career has never involved data quality, data is fast becoming the world’s most valued resource, with data related jobs dominating the landscape
Learn from global, M.B.A, M.S and M.Q.M accredited industry experts, industry leaders, influential speakers and leading lights in data quality
Empower your knowledge of data quality, helping you grow and scale your career in data
Sign up and Build, Grow and Scale your career in 2020 and beyond!
Learn from award-winning, renowned, influential data leaders, and empower your knowledge of data quality. Whether you are starting out, a seasoned professional, or need to advance your career with the addition of data quality and its certification of completion to your accomplishments.
"It's a good initiative and the course is complete and agnostic so the technology or solutions are not a problem."
"We had no concept of the level of faults in our data, until we took the iData quality training course which allowed us to quickly and efficiently un-earth and, crucially, resolve 10s of 1000s of data errors which probably would not have been discovered in our data governance framework without the training!"
- Principal of Data Governance
Senior Privacy Specialist, Global Bank.